ZD Soft Screen Recorder
VERSION : 11.1.14
DATE : 18 Sept 2018
- Added support to the RTMPS protocol for the live streaming feature.
- Fixed a bug that the x264 codec might not work properly if it’s global settings are messed up by other programs.
VERSION : 11.1.13
DATE : 26 Jul 2018
- Fixed a bug that some Windows 10 multi-monitor system with dual graphics cards cannot be recorded properly (partially recorded).
- Fixed a bug that the program might shutdown in the process of a recording when computer is restoring from power-saving state.
- Speeded up the program startup process.
VERSION : 11.1.12
DATE : 5 Jul 2018
- Improved the compatibility of capturing multi-monitor screens on Windows 10.
VERSION : 11.1.11
DATE : 2 Jul 2018
- Fixed a bug that the webcam image freezes after the webcam device is unplugged.
VERSION : 11.1.10
DATE : 23 Mar 2018
- Fixed a bug that the last few video frames of an MP4 recording might be missing sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that the video cutting feature might not work on some locale language systems.
VERSION : 11.1.9
DATE : 7 Feb 2018
- No black screen in full webcam view mode if no webcam is active.
- Fixed a bug that might slow down the startup of the program.
VERSION : 11.1.8
DATE : 29 Jan 2018
- Fixed a bug that the “Auto Run on Windows Start” option cannot be enabled in previous version.
- Fixed a bug that the program settings changes cannot be saved when system shuts down or restarts.
VERSION : 11.1.7
DATE : 28 Jan 2018
- Enhanced screenshot feature supports logo and cursor.
- Added an option “Stealth Mode” to the “Advanced Options” sub-menu.
- Not prompting user the “TTS Narration Script” feature at startup any more.
- Fixed a bug that recording might not be saved properly when system shuts down or restarts.
VERSION : 11.1.6
DATE : 11 Jan 2018
- Fixed a bug that recording might crash on some Windows 10 systems with 4K screens.
VERSION : 11.1.5
DATE : 6 Jan 2018
- Fixed a bug that recording might crash after waking from system hibernate.
VERSION : 11.1.4
DATE : 6 Dec 2017
- Added a link to the SDK homepage in the registration reminder screen.
VERSION : 11.1.3
DATE : 22 Nov 2017
- Added a ‘Key frame interval’ option to the ‘Video’ settings group to provide the ability to adjust the video GOP.
- Made the bitrate-based quality mode output constant bitrate (CBR) stream.
VERSION : 11.1.2
DATE : 19 Nov 2017
- Fixed a bug that the video logo erasing feature doesn’t enable you to select the logo box.
- Improved the license validation procedure to make the SDK license validation more reliable.
- Added the support to H.264 compatible webcam devices.
VERSION : 11.1.1
DATE : 1 Nov 2017
- Improved the audio recording capability for some audio drivers don’t fully support system audio engine format.
- Fixed a bug that the webcam preview button cannot be re-activated if a webcam fails to preview.
VERSION : 11.1.0
DATE : 25 Oct 2017
- Added the TTS (Text To Speech) narration script feature to make it much easier to create how-to videos.
- Fixed a bug that the program might crash when opening recordings folder or hiding region frame.
- Improved the audio capture synchronization performance, less chance to produce glitches.
VERSION : 11.0.10
DATE : 19 Oct 2017
- Fixed a bug that an access violation error might occur when program exits in certain circumstances.
VERSION : 11.0.9
DATE : 10 Oct 2017
- Added the undo & redo ability to the markup drawing feature.
- Added an option to freeze canvas when drawing markups.
- Added an option to pause recording when drawing markups.
- Added a browse folder button in the Review & Edit Recordings dialog.
- Some other minor bug fixes and improvements.
VERSION : 11.0.8
DATE : 25 Sept 2017
- Added a dialog to select a proper recording mode at the beginning of program.
- Added more common options into the context menu of the settings button.
- Made the settings context menu pop up by both left-click and right-click.
- Added 2 more balloon tooltips to guide users to get started quickly.
- Set the ‘Quick Screenshot Mode’ the default screenshot mode.
VERSION : 11.0.7
DATE : 16 Sept 2017
- Made video joining capable of joining images and videos together.
- Made video joining capable of changing output format, resolution and fps.
- Made video joining capable of creating high quality GIF animations.
- Added an About button to the Review & Edit Recordings dialog.
VERSION : 11.0.6
DATE : 12 Sept 2017
- Fixed a bug that the check update feature cannot install update on Windows 10 systems.
VERSION : 11.0.5
DATE : 11 Sept 2017
- Improved the video joining feature to make it capable of joining videos in different resolutions.
- Improved compatibility with some old graphics cards that don’t fully support DX11.
- Added a Z-Speed option for adjusting the zooming transition speed.
- Added a Settings button to the Review & Edit Recordings dialog.
- Made the ‘Original cursor size’ option not enabled by default.
VERSION : 11.0.4
DATE : 7 Sept 2017
- Added the dynamic capture region feature that enables the capture region follows the mouse cursor.
- Made the capture frame not stay topmost when there is a fullscreen game active.
- Made the registration reminder pop up when program exits instead of popping up when recording starts.
VERSION : 11.0.3
DATE : 5 Sept 2017
- Set the recording starting countdown box not display by default.
- Fixed a bug that license validation on recording start might fail even if the license is valid.
VERSION : 11.0.2
DATE : 3 Sept 2017
- Bigger recording control panel with rearranged buttons.
- New easier way to select a capture region or window.
- Added context options for buttons on control panel.
- Added on-screen markup drawing tools.
- Added simple video post-editing features.
- Simplified the general settings panel.
- Some other improvements and bug fixes.
VERSION : 10.5.0
DATE : 6 Aug 2017
- Added Vietnamese language translation.
- Added mouse cursor track effect.
- Improved the MP4 and FLV file formats compatibility.
- Made the ‘Variable frame rate’ option unchecked by default again.
- Changed the installer format from MSI to EXE.
- Some other improvements and bug fixes.
VERSION : 10.4.6
DATE : 25 May 2017
- Added Italian language translation.
- New mouse cursor click sound effect.
- Improved the MP4 video format to support very long duration recording up to 100 hours.
- Fixed a bug that the local broadcasting firewall notice still pops up when the option is disabled.
VERSION : 10.4.5
DATE : 4 May 2017
- Emergency bugfix that recent changes on MP4 video format make it incompatible with some versions of Windows Media Player.
- Improved program stability of long duration recording for longer than 48 hours.
VERSION : 10.4.4
DATE : 3 May 2017
- Fixed a bug that microphone could not be recorded properly on some computers.
- Made the MP4 video format support long duration recording better.
- Updated the traditional Chinese language translation.
VERSION : 10.4.3
DATE : 26 Apr 2017
- Emergency bugfix that program crashes when no microphone device is present.
- Updated the Arabic language translation and flag icon.
VERSION : 10.4.2
DATE : 25 Apr 2017
- Added Arabic language translation.
- Improved audio/video synchronization performance for slow computer systems.
- Not overriding the ‘–preset’ parameter that user added in the x264 configuration dialog.
- Fixed a bug that might cause memory leak when recording and streaming at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that an error message might popup even if a recording is done successfully.
- Fixed a bug that video looks fuzzy when capture region width or height is odd.
VERSION : 10.4.1
DATE : 15 Apr 2017
- Added Korean language translation.
- Fixed a bug that the capture frame bar does not show up sometimes.
- Fixed a bug that program may crash if recording starts with a countdown box.
- Fixed a bug that program might hang on some DX10 incompatible systems.
VERSION : 10.4.0
DATE : 31 Mar 2017
- Made the program components registration-free (less system dependencies).
- Fixed a bug that some components might not be unloaded properly when stopping/exiting.
- Fixed a bug that the recorded FLVs might be gray screen under some x264 quality settings.
- Fixed a bug that the ‘Variable frame rate’ option might not actually work when it should.
- Made ‘Variable frame rate’ checked by default again in the ‘Video’ tab.
- Not overriding the ‘–keyint’ parameter that user added in the x264 configuration dialog.
- Displaying more detailed error message when an error occurs.
- Updated the Portuguese and Farsi language pack.
VERSION : 10.3.3
DATE : 1 Mar 2017
- Added a message box to let user choose to start with a wizard or not.
- Updated the Turkish language pack.
VERSION : 10.3.2
DATE : 16 Feb 2017
- Added the Farsi language translation.
VERSION : 10.3.1
DATE : 15 Feb 2017
- Updated the Portuguese, French, Russian and Ukrainian language pack.
VERSION : 10.3.0
DATE : 10 Feb 2017
- Added a wizard to guide user to select a proper screen recording mode easily.
- Added a countdown timer feature.
- Added an upgrade dialog for inserting license key conveniently.
- Made ‘Variable frame rate’ unchecked by default in the ‘Video’ tab.
VERSION : 10.2.8
DATE : 31 Dec 2016
- Added traditional Chinese language translation.
- Further bugfix that the main panel may be out of sight after changing desktop resolution.
VERSION : 10.2.7
DATE : 29 Dec 2016
- Fixed a bug that rotated desktop screen cannot be captured properly on Windows 8 or newer Windows.
- Fixed a bug that the main/settings panel may be out of sight after changing desktop resolution.
VERSION : 10.2.6
DATE : 26 Dec 2016
- Optimized the thickness of the capture frame border.
- Made the capture frame bar stick to the bottom of the frame.
VERSION : 10.2.5
DATE : 25 Dec 2016
- Made the capture frame border thicker.
VERSION : 10.2.4
DATE : 22 Dec 2016
- Improved the UI design of the settings panel.
- Improved the region capture frame display: be non-topmost when operating settings panel.
- Restored the ‘Live’ button on the main panel to make it easy to know the streaming status.
- Added an option to select webcam device directly in the ‘Capture webcam only’ section.
- Added 3 balloon tips for guiding user to get started quickly.
- Added a confirmation dialog when exiting program.
- Fixed a bug that the program doesn’t automatically restart after checking the ‘Run program as administrator’ option.
- Fixed a bug that restoring default settings doesn’t reset the ‘Auto run program after Windows logon’ option.
- Fixed a bug that installing an older version may cause some old version files missing.
VERSION : 10.2.3
DATE : 13 Dec 2016
- Improved the zooming feature and added its button to the capture frame bar.
- Fixed a bug that a hotkey might be triggered twice for one hit.
- Fixed a bug that getting black screenshots in version 10.2.1 & 10.2.2
- Fixed a bug that unchecking ‘Run program as administrator’ only takes effect after a manual restart.
VERSION : 10.2.2
DATE : 12 Dec 2016
- Fixed a wrong icon used for the zooming feature.
VERSION : 10.2.1
DATE : 12 Dec 2016
- Added a dynamic zooming feature that enables user to zoom in the view around the cursor by pressing a hotkey.
- Added some hotkeys for switching between different screen capture modes easily and quickly.
- Added hotkey info to the tooltips of the buttons associated with hotkeys.
- Added an option to open video folder when recording finished.
- Added an option to play recorded video when recording finished.
- Made some option fields clickable so that user can configure them more easily than before.
- Changed default settings tab from ‘Preview’ to ‘Screen’.
- Changed ‘Capture game screen’ mode to capturing full screen when no game window is at foreground.
- Fixed a bug that Windows 10 task bar might stay on top of some full screen applications when recording.
- Slightly increased the UI font size.
VERSION : 10.2.0
DATE : 4 Dec 2016
- Removed the 10-minute recording duration limit from the free version.
- Replaced the Live button with the Screenshot button in the main panel.
- Fixed a bug that the Language field displays a local language name even it’s not implemented yet.
- Fixed a bug that the Mp4Mux.ax cannot be registered without VC2008 runtime installed.
- Improved MSI installer solved the uninstall problem when some components are missing.
- Added Portuguese and French translations.
VERSION : 10.1.3
DATE : 3 Nov 2016
- Fixed a bug that video original frame rate is always 25fps.
- Added Turkish translation.
- Some other minor bug fixes.
VERSION : 10.1.2
DATE : 30 Oct 2016
- Add green line box to region frame.
- Make video frame rate setting standalone.
- Add hotkeys to toggle UI visibilities.
- Some other bug fixes.
VERSION : 10.1.1
DATE : 25 Oct 2016
- Add Russian & Ukrainian translations.
- Make settings panel larger and standalone.
- Some minor bug fixes.
VERSION : 10.1.0
DATE : 11 Oct 2016
- Fixed a bug that mic recording may be disabled when starting recording by hotkey.
VERSION : 10.0.0
DATE : 10 Oct 2016
- Fully redesigned UI. Multi-language support.
- Many new features and improvements.
VERSION : 9.8.0
DATE : 14 Jun 2016
- Fixed a bug that mouse clicks cannot be recorded sometimes.
- Beautified mouse click effects.
VERSION : 9.7.0
DATE : 11 Jun 2016
- Fixed a bug that audio playback/recording device changing cannot be handled properly.
- Fixed possible DXGIDup failures.
VERSION : 9.6.0
DATE : 9 Jun 2016
- Support changing audio playback/recording device while recording.
- Some other improvements.
VERSION : 9.5.0
DATE : 5 Jun 2016
- Improved live streaming performance.
- Improved A/V sync performance.
- Improved file writing performance.
VERSION : 9.4.0
DATE : 31 May 2016
- Support FLV instead of MKV.
- Support live streaming.
- Improved A/V sync performance.
- Some other bug fixes.
VERSION : 9.3.0
DATE : 10 May 2016
- Support AAC audio for MP4 and MKV formats.
- Easier ways to set file name and folder.
- Some other bug fixes.
VERSION : 9.2.0
DATE : 17 Feb 2016
- Fixed a bug that program crashes after a certain number of recordings.
VERSION : 9.1.0
DATE : 31 Dec 2015
- Added an uninstaller shortcut to program group in Start menu.
- Fixed some bugs.
VERSION : 9.0.0
DATE : 25 Dec 2015
- New UI.
- New audio/video encoding system.
- Lots of improvements.
VERSION : 8.1.0
DATE : 4 July 2015
- Fixed recording freezes randomly under Windows 8 or later.
- New program icon.
VERSION : 8.0.1
DATE : 14 Oct 2014
- Fixed an issue that may raise false alarm under few antivirus software.
VERSION : 8.0.0
DATE : 12 Oct 2014
- All new version.
VERSION : 7.0.0
DATE : 8 Jul 2014
- Added a step-by-step wizard to help user initialize settings more easily.
VERSION : 6.9.0
DATE : 14 Jun 2014
- Fixed a bug that was not completely fixed in version 6.8.
VERSION : 6.8.0
DATE : 14 Jun 2014
- Fixed a bug that sometimes the user preset can not be loaded properly.
VERSION : 6.7.0
DATE : 12 Jun 2014
- Improved capture performance on Win7/8/8.1.
- Fixed a bug that may cause A/V out of sync.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes settings can not be loaded properly.
VERSION : 6.6.0
DATE : 4 Jun 2014
- Added support to capture 64-bit programs.
- Added support to record webcam.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes the scrollbar of a settings tab is not draggable.
VERSION : 6.5.0
DATE : 7 May 2014
- Improved click-friendly text UI elements.
- Elevated program process priority.
VERSION : 6.4.0
DATE : 1 May 2014
- Fixed a bug that program crashes after recording for a while.
VERSION : 6.3.0
DATE : 6 Apr 2014
- Implemented dynamic resizing effect of the capture window.
- Removed some uncommonly-used target presets.
VERSION : 6.2.0
DATE : 1 Apr 2014
- Set default file format back to .AVI(H.264/AAC).
- Improved file buffering performance.
- Added software scaling feature.
- Added zooming feature. Some UI adjustments.
VERSION : 6.1.0
DATE : 12 Feb 2014
- Changed default file format from .AVI(H.264/MP3) to .MPG(MPEG-2/MP2).
VERSION : 6.0.0
DATE : 28 Jan 2014
- Totally redesigned UI.
- Supports lots of codecs.
- Many other new features.