Q: Is it free to download software from your website?
A: Yes, it is FREE! Free to download and free to use. The free version will never expire. So, you don't need to upgrade it to full version as long as you don't mind the watermark 'www.zdsoft.com' in videos.
Q: Is it secure to pay on your website?
A: Of course yes, it is. Your payment will be processed by certified secure online payment gateways such as 2Checkout and PayPal. We don't have access to your financial info. And the transaction will be encrypted and transmitted via SSL connections. It's 100% secure.
Q: Can I get a refund if I’m not satisfied with the software?
A: Yes, you can. We offer a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee to our customers. If for any reason you aren't completely satisfied within the first 30 days, simply ask us and you will get a full refund - no questions asked. No hassle. It's that simple. Enjoy
Q: When can I receive my software key after I pay?
A: Instantly, when your payment is complete, our registration system will automatically send you an email with your software key in it. Occasionally the email might go to your SPAM folder mistakenly. So, please also check your SPAM folder if your software key is not arrived in a timely manner. Or you may click here to retrieve it manually.
Q: I lost my software key. How to get it back?
A: Don't worry. It's easy to get your software key back yourself. There is a Find My Software Key page on our website. There you can enter your original order email address to find your software key. If you don't remember the email address or it's no longer valid, please contact us for help.
Q: If I buy your software, will I receive it in a DVD / CD?
A: No, you won't. Online download is the most efficient way to deliver software to users today. Our software is small and actively updated, the software burned to a DVD / CD will be outdated very soon. So we provide online downloads only. If you need a backup copy, you may burn the software to a DVD / CD yourself.
Q: I have bought your software. Where can I download the full version?
A: Here you can. The full version is the same download as the free version. After downloading and installing the free version, you can insert your software key to turn it into a full version. If you have lost your software key, you can click here to retrieve it.
Q: I have bought your software. Can I use it on both my desktop and laptop computers?
A: If you have bought a 1 PC license, the answer is NO. If you have bought a 2 PCs license, the answer is YES. Installing and using the software on the computers beyond the quantity of the license you bought is not allowed.
Q: Can I transfer my software license from one computer to another?
A: Yes, you can. On the currently licensed computer (skip this step if it's already gone), switch to About tab in the software settings panel and click the Deactivate button. And then install the software to the new computer and insert your software key. Done. If your software key is not recognized on the new computer, update it here and then try again.
Q: Where can I download an old version?
A: The old versions of software are not available for download on our website. We always encourage users to use the latest version of software, because it has the latest improvements and bug fixes. If you really want to download an old version, please contact us for help.
Q: My software key doesn’t work. Why?
A: You might have an old version of software or an old software key. Firstly, please click here to get an updated software key that is compatible with the recent versions of software. If it doesn’t work with the version you currently have, please click here to download the latest version of software, and then try again.
Q: I got no video recorded, only black screen. How to fix this?
A: Open the Screen settings tab:
- If you are going to record PC game screen or capture video from a media player, please select Capture game screen mode before you start recording.
- If you have tried different capture modes but still no luck, you may check the Compatible mode option, and then try again.
Note: Sometimes Windows Media Player might have some strange problems with the playback of recorded videos, such as black screen, distorted screen, audio/video out of sync, low volume, or etc. So, it is strongly recommended that you use a 3rd-party free media player instead of Window Media Player for playing your recorded videos. We recommend PotPlayer – a free and powerful media player.
Q: How to change the folder or filename for saving my recordings?
A: Open the Video settings tab:
- Click the config button next to the Folder field to select a folder for saving your recordings.
- Enter your desired file name in the File name field, or you can click the config button next to it to select a file name from the presets.
Q: What’s the maximum duration of a recording?
A: There isn’t a limitation of the maximum duration of a recording. ZD Soft Screen Recorder compresses both video and audio in real-time, and the compression is done on the fly, no intermediate files. So, if there is sufficient free hard disk space, you can record for as long time as you want without break.
Q: I got no sound/audio recorded. How to fix this?
A: Open the Audio settings tab:
- If you are going to record the sound you hear from speakers or headphone, you need to check the Capture speaker/headphone option.
- If you are going to record your voice you speak to a microphone, you need to check the Capture microphone/line-in option.
- If you are going to record both the system audio and your voice, you need to check both of the two options mentioned above.
Q: I recorded a web meeting video. In the video I can hear everyone except me. How to get my voice recorded together?
A: Open the Audio settings tab, check both the Capture speaker / headphone and the Capture microphone / line-in options.
Q: Can I record audio only?
A: Yes, you can. Please try the followings:
- Open the Video settings tab, empty the File name field.
- Open the Audio settings tab, fill in a file name in the File name field.
- Start recording as normal.
Q: Does ZD Soft Screen Recorder work with a Mac?
A: No, ZD Soft Screen Recorder doesn't work with a Mac. It's currently for Windows platforms only. Maybe we will implement a Mac version in the future.
Q: Sometimes when I hit the start/stop hotkey nothing happens, why?
A: This is because the foreground application is running with elevated privileges while ZD Soft Screen Recorder is running with standard privileges by default, so that the hotkey message is not passed to ZD Soft Screen Recorder. To solve this problem, you can right-click on ZD Soft Screen Recorder’s desktop icon, choose Run as administrator from the context menu. If you want ZD Soft Screen Recorder to always run as administrator, you may do the followings:
- Open the Misc settings tab.
- Check the Run program as administrator option.
Q: My antivirus software alerts "Potentially malicious application detected" and blocks your app. Why?
A: Please always download the software from our official website here, or you might get infected downloads. If the same thing still happens to the software you download here, it must be a false positive. You may scan it by uploading it to VirusTotal - a free virus, malware and URL online scanning service. File checking is done with more than 40 antivirus solutions. You will find out our software is truly clean & safe. And then you can feel safe to add our software to your antivirus software's whitelist to unblock it.
Q: How to uninstall the software from my computer?
1) Right click on the Start Menu at the lower left corner of your screen and select Control Panel from the menu.
2) Select Programs and Features.
3) Select a program to uninstall.
4) Follow the prompts to uninstall.
1) Using either your finger or mouse go to the left bottom corner of your screen and click on the pop up box so the Start Menu Grid opens on your screen.
2) Then hover over the small icon on the bottom right and when the Charm Menu comes out from the right side of the screen click on the Magnifying glass for Search.
3) Search for Control Panel then select Control Panel and open it.
4) Select Uninstall a program, and select the program you want to uninstall.
5) Right-click on the selected program and select Uninstall/change.
6) Follow the prompts to uninstall.
1) Go to the Start menu, select Control Panel, select Uninstall a program, and select the program you want to uninstall.
2) Right-click on the selected program and select Uninstall/change.
3) Follow the prompts to uninstall.
1) Go to the Start menu, select Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs, and select the program you want to uninstall.
2) Select change/remove.
3) Follow the prompts to uninstall.