How to use the ActiveX control (OCX) of ZD Soft Screen Recorder SDK?
ZD Soft Screen Recorder SDK provides an ActiveX control (OCX) so that it can be untilized by a large range of programming languages that recognize COM (Component Object Model). The following steps apply to Microsoft Visual Basic.NET
only. Other programming languages may vary but it's impossible to describe them one by one, however, the basic steps should be similar. The ActiveX control methods are almost the same as the standard SDK APIs
(just no leading ScnLib_
for the method names), so you can refer to the standard SDK APIs
for the usage of the ActiveX control methods.
- Download and unzip the SDK package (Max Edition only) to a temporary directory, e.g.
- Copy the SDK's binary components folder to your project's binary folder, e.g. copy
IMPORTANT: you need to copy the entire folder ScnLib.DLLs (not only the files in it) to your project's binary folder, and DO NOT change the folder name.
- Copy the SDK's ActiveX control (OCX) folder to your project's binary folder, e.g. copy
and then right-click the RegOCX.bat in the folder, select Run as administrator from the context menu, click Yes in the User Account Control dialog, and finally click the OK button to finish the OCX registration. Note: it's recommended but not necessary to place the OCX folder in your project's binary folder, you may place and register it in any location you want as long as it's accessible by your program.
- Open your solution in Microsoft Visual Studio, click the Tools menu, click Choose Toolbox Items,
click the COM Components tab, find the ZD Soft Screen Recorder SDK Control (usually it's at the bottom of the list), select its check box, click the OK button, the control will appear in the General category of the Toolbox, and then you can drag it onto a Form of your project.
- If you haven't added an Application Manifest File to your project, please right-click your project name in the Solution Explorer again, point to Add group in the context menu, click New Item... in the sub-menu, select Application Manifest File and then click the Add button to add it to your project. You don't need to add a new one if your project already has an Application Manifest File. And then edit the Application Manifest File (app.manifest), insert the node block below into it:
- In a proper place of the form class source code, initialize the SDK and then start your first recording:
AxScnLibX1.SetCaptureRegion(0, 0, 1280, 720)
- A while later, stop the recording and then uninitialize the SDK: